Feb 16, 2010

I SWORE I'D NEVER MAKE CUPCAKES...


Yes call me crazy but until recently I swore I'd never bake cupcakes, because well I had a "thing" against them. Actually two things- first of all I hated the whole buttercream thing- eating a layer of butter mixed with sugar and other stuff grossed me out. And second of all, I didnt want to get excited over cupcake cuteness like the rest of the world.

But then one day everything changed. All because of a friend's birthday for whom I decided to make cupcakes for... and I do admit, they are indeed lots of fun to make. But I haven't sold my soul to buttercream yet... if I am going to make cupcakes again I definately need to find a healthier alternative to buttercream!


here they are- naked chocolate cuppies yet to be dressed!


Frosted...


Gold dusted...


And sprinkled in colours and shapes...


So who knows? Maybe one day I'll be writing up a second post on cupcakes...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

they're beautiful. I particularly like the photo of your hand holding the cupcake, covered in gold :)

Nina Timm said...

You definitely should........

Ps. I am not a buttercream liker myself, don't feel bad!!!

Unknown said...

Agree completely, excess buttercream makes me queasy, but yours are delightful. Cute, not like those monsters at Hummingbird Bakery. I'm told a visit to Bea's of Bloomsbury converts haters of those American-style cupcakes.

birgit said...

hmmm they look delicious
but i don't like buttercream too

what's the differenz between muffins and cupcakes
are cupcakes muffins with icing?
lg birgit

Marianna said...

hey birgit- well the icing is one of the differences but also the texture of cupcakes is different- lighter and 'fluffier' then muffins. personally im more of a muffin person :)
x
marianna

birgit said...

hey marianna
thank you
i love your leftoverraspberriesmuffins
so i think i'm a muffinperson too
:)))
lg birgit

MizThreefivesix said...

forget the cupcake - anything you hold in your gold-dusted hand would taste amazing. Beautiful. you are SO creative!